Media and technology centered on community, a commons where creativity is nurtured, independence is valued, diversity is cultivated, and all voices are welcome—this is Davis Media Access (DMA). During difficult economic times, we’ve stretched farther and worked harder to support the number of individuals and community groups coming to us for help with outreach, event coverage, training, equipment, and technical support.
The icing on the cake? We provide our community with hands-on access to technical tools & training, and we do it largely free of charge. Some highlights:
• A mother-daughter duo trains in radio production and highlights home schooling
• Local musicians are recorded, capturing moments in our collective history
• Non-profits get free exposure for the important work they do
• Community members build cutting-edge skills on new, state-of-the-art equipment
• High-school interns capture games, performances and graduation ceremoniesge skills on new, state-of-the-art equipment
• Candidates and local campaigns increase their reach to voters
None of this is possible without community support – without YOUR support—and we’re asking you to make a contribution today.
KDRT 95.7 FM’s programming schedule has expanded. Our new community HD TV studio is complete, enabling us to provide more free training for community members. Radio underwriting on KDRT has opened up new avenues of community engagement for local business owners. Local shows, events and meetings are documented. And so much more.